Pork Chops with Orange Rice Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops, (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Sprinkle rice into a greased 9-in.-square baking dish. Add juice; arrange chops over rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour soup over chops.
- Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145° and rice is tender. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pork Chops with Orange Rice
Sort By :
We loved this and can't wait to make this for family and friends!
I've relied on this super quick and easy recipe for years. With only a few ingredients, it produces a dish you'll be proud to serve and your family will love.