"My husband is delighted every time we have this pork and rice bake for dinner," says Karen Hossink of Lansing, Michigan. "I've also made it for new moms who need meals brought in, and I'm frequently asked to share the recipe."
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops, (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on both sides. Sprinkle rice into a greased 9-in.-square baking dish. Add juice; arrange chops over rice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour soup over chops.
- Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145° and rice is tender. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Orange Rice in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p21
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Orange Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review