Pork Chops with Orange Glaze
"I came across the recipe for this glaze in a grilling manual but wasn't satisfied with it. I kept the combination of orange marmalade and lime juice and adapted the seasonings to my liking," explains Helen Faddis of Gloucester, Massachusetts. "It's also great on spareribs and chicken."
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bone-in pork loin chop (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 small lime, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, ginger, soy sauce and
- water until smooth. Stir in the marmalade, lime juice, oil and
- garlic until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir mixture for 1-2
- minutes or until thickened.
- Place the pork chops in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spoon
- glaze over pork, turn to coat. Top with the lime slices. Bake,
- uncovered, at 400° for 30-40 minutes or until pork juices run
- clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 357 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.