Pork Chops with Onions
This simple dish is a great one to share with friends and family. —Taste of Home
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium sweet onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium
- heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in.
- x 9-in. baking dish.
- In the drippings, saute onions until tender. Spoon over chops; add
- broth. Cover and bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Remove pork chops and onions; keep warm.
- Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir
- in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Serve with pork and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 252 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,