Pork Chops with Onions Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium sweet onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In the drippings, saute onions until tender. Spoon over chops; add broth. Cover and bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove pork chops and onions; keep warm. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 252 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.