Pork Chops with Onions and Apples
I've always liked pork chops made with apples or onions. I decided to combine both ingredients to create this delicious recipe. Many family members and friends have requested it.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the pepper, salt and garlic powder. Rub over
- pork chops. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes
- on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5
- minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and apples in butter
- until tender. Stir in brown sugar; cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.