Pork Chops with Onions and Apples Recipe
I've always liked pork chops made with apples or onions. I decided to combine both ingredients to create this delicious recipe. Many family members and friends have requested it.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pepper, salt and garlic powder. Rub over pork chops. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and apples in butter until tender. Stir in brown sugar; cook until thickened and bubbly. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC