Pork Chops with Onion Gravy Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 envelope pork gravy mix
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup water
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, cook chops and onion in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small bowl, whisk the gravy mix, garlic powder and water. Pour over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Onion Gravy(16)
Sort By :
I thought that this was really good and super simple! I had a friend coming up that wanted to have pork chops and gravy. I myself had never heard of it before this was just what I needed and he loved it! I will definitely keep this recipe handy for when he comes again! Wonderful job!
This was very easy to make and very tasty. The chops were very tender and moist. Will definitely be using this one again.
This was a favorite go-to recipe for years when I cooked for the local Moose Lodge. Still use it at home now that I'm retired. Have shared the recipe with many friends over the years.
Had this for dinner tonight was very good the pork chop was was very tender and easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Gravy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >