Pork Chops with Onion Gravy
"I came up with this recipe as a quick dinner for a finicky husband who's not too fond of pork chops," writes Amy Radyshewsky from Great Falls, Montana. "But these are so tender and good, he gives them a thumbs up!"
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 envelope pork gravy mix
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup water
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper and salt. In a large skillet over
- medium heat, cook chops with onion in oil for 2-3 minutes on each
- side or until lightly browned.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10
- minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small bowl, whisk the gravy mix, garlic powder and water. Pour
- over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4
- minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 3 tablespoons gravy equals 210 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,