Pork Chops With Nectarine Salsa Recipe
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each and 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons apricot spreadable fruit
- 2 cups sliced peeled nectarines or peaches
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork chops in oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine salsa and spreadable fruit. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in nectarines, cilantro and oregano; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup salsa equals 230 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.