Pork Chops with Mushroom-Tarragon Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops in 1 teaspoon oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until almost tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated. Combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return pork chops to pan and add tarragon. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Stir in butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Mushroom-Tarragon Sauce(2)
Sort By :
Very, VERY good!!! made with the vegetable and parley pilaf... I just need to time things better to make both, but everyone loved both dishes!!!
I used chicken broth instead of wine but otherwise made exactly as written. The chops were nice and tender and the flavor was mild and good but next time I would cut back on the flour or add more liquid. As soon as the flour mixture hit the pan it turned into glue. Luckily I had plenty of broth on hand and added some more until it had a gravy like consistency.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >