Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine half of the flour and bread crumbs; add pork chops, a few at a time. Seal bag and toss to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Add the onion, garlic, pepper and water. Stir in the bouillon, browning sauce if desired and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°.
- 3. Discard bay leaves. Remove pork to serving platter and keep warm. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Add mushrooms to skillet. Combine cold water and remaining flour until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the remaining bread crumbs. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
"These pork chops were very good and tasty and gave you that "down home" feeling! Only thing I will change next time is to use more onions and to cook it a little longer to make it even more tender."
"these pork chops were the best I have ever tasted. The whole family totally enjoyed them. I followed the recipe as written,The only thing I did differently was not adding the bread crumbs at the end of the recipe. The gravy was thick enough and tasted fantastic. definitely a keeper recipe!"
"My husband said these were the best pork chops he ever had! Only thing, gravy was very thick. Will definitely put this one in recipe box!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.