The golden crusted pork chops are accompanied with a rich mushroom sauce. This scrumptious entree is loved by my family and makes a terrific company dish. This is wonderful served with mashed potatoes. —Nadine Mesch, Mount Healthy, Ohio
Recommended: 40 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon oil and butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Add wine and bourbon; cook over medium heat until liquid is evaporated. Add chicken broth and cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally; keep warm.
- Sprinkle chops with salt, paprika and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. Place flour and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip pork in the flour, egg mixture, then bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook chops over medium heat in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until crisp and juices run clear. Stir basil into mushroom sauce; serve over pork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Mushroom Bourbon Sauce in Taste of Home Recipes Across America 2013, p125
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Mushroom Bourbon Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review