Diced mango and chopped onion and pineapple make a fresh and fruity topping for these easy pork chops. For extra flavor, add chopped cilantro to the salsa. —Pete Johnson, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing with roasted red pepper and Parmesan, divided
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- Pour 3/4 cup salad dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, onion, pineapple and remaining salad dressing. Chill until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Mango Salsa in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p60
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Mango Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review