Pork Chops with Mango Salsa Recipe
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing with roasted red pepper and Parmesan, divided
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1. Pour 3/4 cup salad dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mango, onion, pineapple and remaining salad dressing. Chill until serving.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup salsa equals 246 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.