Pork Chops with Mango Relish Recipe
A delicate marinade flavors these pork chops with the fragrant seasonings of India and tenderizes the meat at the same time. Writes Linda Lacek of Winter Park, Florida. "The colorful relish would be delicious alongside any grilled entree. It's also a tasty substitute for butter or baked potatoes!"
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- MANGO RELISH:
- 1 large mango or 2 small peaches, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the relish ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour; refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with mango relish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Mango Relish in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p19
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Mango Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2011
"Very good and easy. The pork chops were tender and juicy. The mango relish excellent."