Pork Chops with Honey-Garlic Sauce
You'll love the robust taste of these tender chops. They will be as popular at your home as they are at mine. The honey and garlic sauce is so good, I sometimes double it so there's extra for dipping.Michelle Smith, Eldersburg, Maryland
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium
- heat. Add pork chops: brown both sides. Cook over medium heat 5-6
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 140°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and
- garlic. Remove chops and keep warm. Add honey mixture to pan; cook
- over medium heat 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with
- chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 220 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer