Pork Chops with Honey-Garlic Sauce
You'll love the robust taste of these tender chops. They will be as popular at your home as they are at mine. The honey and garlic sauce is so good, I sometimes double it so there's extra for dipping.Michelle Smith, Eldersburg, Maryland
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork
- chops on both sides. Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or
- until juice run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and
- garlic. Remove chops and keep warm. Add honey mixture to the
- skillet; cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 220 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer