- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 10 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, whisk the vinegar, honey, green onions, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; whisk in butter until melted. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Honey-Balsamic Glaze
Sort By :
"medium-rare, for pork @ 145?. I thought pork had be at least 165?. This sound great, but I would like to know if anyone ate or serve this pork @ medium-rare I'll give it 5 star because I haven't try this yet but all of the other reviews are 5 star don't want bring rating down"
"This was delicious!! I used thick, boneless, center cut chops instead so I had to increase the cooking time by about 5-7 minutes but the wait was so worth it. This is a great dish if you want to impress dinner guests or have a date night dinner. I loved it!"
"This is great . I have fixed it twice and it is always given high praise. A keeper"
"Wow! This was a wonderful dish and easy to make. Seems like it would be excellent with chicken, too."
"I expected this to be a lot better after reading the reviews, but I think it's because I didn't use the type of chops the recipe calls for. The sauce was good, but my pork wasn't. But, I am going to try it again!"