- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 10 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, whisk the vinegar, honey, green onions, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; whisk in butter until melted. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Honey-Balsamic Glaze
"I googled balsamic vinegar and porkchops and found this recipe. I knew the vinegar helped tenderize the meat. I wasn't disappointed! I loved this! The only way I'd tweak it is adding the salt that it calls for in the sauce because I withheld it and ended up thinking it needs it, and maybe adding more red pepper flakes and black pepper to the meat or even in the sauce. I used dried onion flakes because I didn't have any green onions and had no problem with that. Really, really good. I used center cut chops, an inch thick (?), and fried them about 5-6 min per side and they were done nicely. Didn't check temp, just went by color."
"OMG! I was looking for a recipe to go with some homemade balsamic glazed beets and thought balsamic glazed pork chops would go great with them. I looked at several recipes and decided on this one. The beets came out fantastic...my husband loved them but what I thought was really funny was he looked at me and said these pork chops are restaurant quality. I just laughed because of your husband saying the same thing. He said that if he knew what these tasted like and they were on the menu he would order them. Great recipe and thanks for sharing!"
"medium-rare, for pork @ 145?. I thought pork had be at least 165?. This sound great, but I would like to know if anyone ate or serve this pork @ medium-rare I'll give it 5 star because I haven't try this yet but all of the other reviews are 5 star don't want bring rating down"
"This is great . I have fixed it twice and it is always given high praise. A keeper"
"Wow! This was a wonderful dish and easy to make. Seems like it would be excellent with chicken, too."
"I expected this to be a lot better after reading the reviews, but I think it's because I didn't use the type of chops the recipe calls for. The sauce was good, but my pork wasn't. But, I am going to try it again!"
"Great recipe! I even tried it with chicken! Everyone loved it!"
"Fantastic! Love the kick to the chops! Baked pork chops the night before, next day added all to the skillet for a hurry up supper! Thank you Nicole for sharing!"
"Great flavor with the balsamic, honey, and rosemary flavors. Easy to make, too! Thanks!"