- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 10 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, whisk the vinegar, honey, green onions, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; whisk in butter until melted. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pork Chops with Honey-Balsamic Glaze
Sort By :
This is great . I have fixed it twice and it is always given high praise. A keeper
Wow! This was a wonderful dish and easy to make. Seems like it would be excellent with chicken, too.
I expected this to be a lot better after reading the reviews, but I think it's because I didn't use the type of chops the recipe calls for. The sauce was good, but my pork wasn't. But, I am going to try it again!
Great recipe! I even tried it with chicken! Everyone loved it!
Fantastic! Love the kick to the chops! Baked pork chops the night before, next day added all to the skillet for a hurry up supper! Thank you Nicole for sharing!