- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 10 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork; cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, whisk the vinegar, honey, green onions, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; whisk in butter until melted. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Honey-Balsamic Glaze
"OMG! I was looking for a recipe to go with some homemade balsamic glazed beets and thought balsamic glazed pork chops would go great with them. I looked at several recipes and decided on this one. The beets came out fantastic...my husband loved them but what I thought was really funny was he looked at me and said these pork chops are restaurant quality. I just laughed because of your husband saying the same thing. He said that if he knew what these tasted like and they were on the menu he would order them. Great recipe and thanks for sharing!"
"medium-rare, for pork @ 145?. I thought pork had be at least 165?. This sound great, but I would like to know if anyone ate or serve this pork @ medium-rare I'll give it 5 star because I haven't try this yet but all of the other reviews are 5 star don't want bring rating down"
"This was delicious!! I used thick, boneless, center cut chops instead so I had to increase the cooking time by about 5-7 minutes but the wait was so worth it. This is a great dish if you want to impress dinner guests or have a date night dinner. I loved it!"
"This is great . I have fixed it twice and it is always given high praise. A keeper"
"Wow! This was a wonderful dish and easy to make. Seems like it would be excellent with chicken, too."