Pork Chops with Homemade Herb Rub Recipe
- 1/3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup dried marjoram
- 1/4 cup dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Rub 1/2 teaspoon herb mixture over each pork chop. In a nonstick skillet, brown chips in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Store remaining rub in a covered container. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/4 cups rub).
One serving equals 190 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Homemade Herb Rub
"Easy and tasty dish. The rub holds well in the fridge and the amount is large enough for a church supper or other affair. However, I just kind of guessed in reducing the amt for my family of 6 - but it still came out great! Make and take this rub on a camping trip or cookout - that it's dry enables it to travel easily."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.