Pork Chops with Homemade Herb Rub
Pork chops (and other meats) really perk up when they're seasoned with this homemade herb blend. Watching your sodium? Leave out the salt...and you'll still get plenty of flavor, Jean Morgan of Roscoe, Illinois shared the recipe.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup dried marjoram
- 1/4 cup dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Rub 1/2 teaspoon herb
- mixture over each pork chop. In a nonstick skillet, brown chips in
- oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches
- 160°. Store remaining rub in a covered container. Yield: 4
- servings (1-1/4 cups rub).
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 190 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.