Pork chops (and other meats) really perk up when they're seasoned with this homemade herb blend. Watching your sodium? Leave out the salt...and you'll still get plenty of flavor, Jean Morgan of Roscoe, Illinois shared the recipe.
- 1/3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup dried marjoram
- 1/4 cup dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Rub 1/2 teaspoon herb mixture over each pork chop. In a nonstick skillet, brown chips in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Store remaining rub in a covered container. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/4 cups rub).
Originally published as Herbed Pork Chops in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p16
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Homemade Herb Rub
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review