- 1/3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup dried marjoram
- 1/4 cup dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Rub 1/2 teaspoon herb mixture over each pork chop. In a nonstick skillet, brown chips in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Store remaining rub in a covered container. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/4 cups rub).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Homemade Herb Rub
"Easy and tasty dish. The rub holds well in the fridge and the amount is large enough for a church supper or other affair. However, I just kind of guessed in reducing the amt for my family of 6 - but it still came out great! Make and take this rub on a camping trip or cookout - that it's dry enables it to travel easily."