Pork Chops with Herbed Cream Sauce Recipe
This recipe is perfect for a spur-of-the-moment lunch or as a no-fuss entree for a special Sunday dinner. The meat cooks up moist and tender, and the bouillon lends instant flavor to the gravy.—Edith Ruth Muldoon, Baldwin, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 pork rib chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, thyme or tarragon
- 2/3 cup whole milk or half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork chops in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Drain drippings from skillet. Stir in the flour, bouillon, parsley and basil. Gradually stir in the milk, water and pepper until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 278 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC