Pork Chops with Herbed Cream Sauce Recipe
- 4 pork rib chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, thyme or tarragon
- 2/3 cup whole milk or half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork chops in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Drain drippings from skillet. Stir in the flour, bouillon, parsley and basil. Gradually stir in the milk, water and pepper until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 279 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Herbed Cream Sauce
"I have make this often. I double the cream sauce, and have tried bonless pork chops also. This is in our folder called guest worthy, Cause it taste fancy..."
"This was great spur of the moment dinner choice! Sauce was creamy and the meat was tender. We used pork rib chops, cook the meat longer for bone in."
"I love this recipe. I especially love how wonderful it smells while cooking. For the seasonings I used all three at a 1/8 teaspoon each. I will definitely make this recipe again and again."