Pork Chops with Herb Pesto
You won’t believe how much a handful of fresh garden herbs can pump up the flavor of ordinary pork chops. Our taste panel simply raved about these! They’d also be fantastic with garlic mashed potatoes. —Lisa Bynum, Brandon, Mississippi
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh rosemary, sage, thyme, parsley and basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the
- water, herbs, oil and garlic; rub over both sides of chops. Cover
- and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 241 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.