Pork Chops with Herb Pesto for Two Recipe
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each minced fresh rosemary, sage, thyme, parsley and basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the water, herbs, oil and garlic; brush over both sides of chops. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 240 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges:4 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Pork Chops with Herb Pesto for Two
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.