Pork Chops with Gravy Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. Combine the bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon parsley and thyme in another shallow bowl. Sprinkle pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dip chops in egg mixture, then crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork chops in oil for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour and remaining salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir in cream and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with pork chops; sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup gravy equals 683 calories, 55 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 189 mg cholesterol, 933 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.