Pork Chops with Glaze Recipe
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain pork, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- 3. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°; brush generously with remaining marinade during the last 3 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 pork chop equals 246 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Glaze
"These were excellent. I used boneless pork chops. I forgot the basting part...can't wait to make them again with extra glaze. Yummy!"
"So easy to make, even my picky 4 year old ate some."
"These were absolutely delicious. My whole family loved them. We couldn't wait for leftovers the 2nd night!"
"This was great! Actually used this sauce on chicken breasts...wonderful. Nice change from BBQ Sauce!"
"Great recipe. Easy to make. I used my George Forman and sprayed it with cooking spray and cooked the chops for 12 minutes. Served it w/ TOH Roasted Parmesan green beans and ciabatta bread w/ dipping oil. Great combination."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.