Pork Chops with Ginger Maple Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, cook onion in 2 teaspoons oil until golden brown and very tender, about 10 minutes. Add ginger; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, combine the chili powder, salt, pepper and cinnamon; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chops in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add the broth, syrup and onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Bring broth mixture to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup. Serve chops with rice and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Ginger Maple Sauce
Sort By :
Really good. I added a little garlic and soy sauce to the sauce.
These had an interesting flavor that I found very appealing. I will be making these again.
Pork chops were tender and flover was good and different because of the spices. I poured the juice on the rice and it was too sweet and the flavor was fair but not yummy.
This recipe is one of our favorites. I made it for our dinner guest and the response was, "It taste like Christmas!"
I usually save this recipe if I want to impress people with my cooking!
These were good and I would make them again, but they just weren't as flavorful as I was expecting them to be.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >