Pork Chops with Fruity Nectarine Salsa Recipe
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 cup sliced peeled nectarines or peaches
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Rub over both sides of pork chops. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork chops in oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine salsa and spreadable fruit. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in the nectarines, cilantro and oregano; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with pork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 236 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.