Pork Chops with Fruity Nectarine Salsa Recipe
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 cup sliced peeled nectarines or peaches
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Rub over both sides of pork chops. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork chops in oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine salsa and spreadable fruit. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in the nectarines, cilantro and oregano; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with pork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 236 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 0 fat.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Fruity Nectarine Salsa
"I have made this several times. You can use any spreadable fruit and it turns out great. Just use what you have on hand. I have a friend who does not eat pork so she made it with chicken breasts and thought it was delicious, too."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.