Pork Chops with Fruit Recipe
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (12 ounces each)
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1/3 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. Place pork chops in a 1-1/2-qt. oval or 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the fruit, pineapple juice, corn syrup, salt and curry powder; pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. With a slotted spoon, remove meat and fruit to a serving platter and keep warm. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in the cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chops and fruit. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup fruit mixture equals 761 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 484 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 56 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.