Pork Chops with Fruit Recipe
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (12 ounces each)
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1/3 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. Place pork chops in a 1-1/2-qt. oval or 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the fruit, pineapple juice, corn syrup, salt and curry powder; pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. With a slotted spoon, remove meat and fruit to a serving platter and keep warm. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in the cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chops and fruit. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 761 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 484mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 56g protein
Reviews for Pork Chops with Fruit
"My family loves it. It over cooks easily so put the pork on the bottom with the fruit on top. Keep an eye on it during last part of cooking time"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.