Pork Chops with Dijon Sauce
Here's a main course that tastes rich but isn't high in saturated fat. It's easy for weeknights, but the creamy sauce makes it special enough for weekends. —Bonnie Brown-Watson of Houston, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup fat-free half-and-half
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet
- coated with cooking spray, brown chops in oil for 4-5 minutes on
- each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and keep
- Stir broth into skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Stir in
- mustard and half-and-half. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until thickened, stirring
- occasionally. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 272 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a