Pork Chops with Dijon Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Stir broth into skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Stir in mustard and half-and-half. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 272 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.