- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme and oregano; rub over pork chops. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Add broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning once. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Stir the cream cheese, butter and mustards into the skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Drain noodles; add to skillet and toss to coat. Serve with pork chops. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Noodles in Country Woman February/March 2012, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2016
"Delicious. quick. Can vary types of mustard for different tastes."
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2013
"This recipe was delicious!! The mustards make a unique and wonderful sauce for the noodles."