Pork Chops with Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cranberry-apple juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper and salt. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, juice and honey until smooth. Add to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Stir in the cranberries, tarragon and parsley. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer or until thickened and bubbly.
- Return pork to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Cranberry Sauce
Sort By :
I was certain I had fresh tarragon in the house and turned out I didn't, so I used fresh parsley and dried tarragon. I think fresh would have improved the flavor. I'd use a bit more of both spices. I also think the cooking time is slightly off. I prefer a "browner" pork chop, so I'd do the initial browning for more than "3-4 minutes on each side." I served with a side of roasted vegetables and didn't bother with the rice. It's a very good flavor; the cranberry was, I believe, nicely noticeable throughout the pork. Not overpowering - but very pleasant. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for submitting Stephanie!
Thought the cranberry flavor would be more noticable throughout the pork. Probably won't make again.
Didn't make my favorite list.sc
why can't I just addd the recipe without all the rest of the ads?\
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >