Pork Chops with Cranberry Dijon Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine first 12 ingredients. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops in butter. Stir in fruit mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 229 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Cranberry Dijon Sauce
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.