Pork Chops with Cranberries Recipe
This meal is a proven winner to fix. I never have leftovers. I farm with my dad and brother, but in my spare time I love to work in the garden, play with my beagles and make crafts.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 35 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups water, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and 1-1/2 cups water. Cook and stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add cranberries; cook 5 minutes longer or until the berries pop. Skim off foam if necessary. Stir in barbecue sauce and remaining water; set aside.
- 2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chops on both sides in oil; drain. Pour the cranberry sauce over chops. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove chops and keep warm.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC