Pork Chops with Corn Dressing Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained or 1-1/2 cups fresh whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 butterfly pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1. In a bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, corn, water, green pepper, onion and Worcestershire sauce; set aside.
- 2. In a large ovenproof skillet or a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Lightly brown pork chops on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Top with corn dressing mixture. Add enough water to cover bottom of pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for about 1 hour or until pork is tender. Add additional water to pan if necessary. Remove pork chops and dressing to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from drippings. Add soup and milk to pan drippings. Cook and stir over medium heat until hot and bubbly. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 360 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer