Pork Chops with Corn Dressing
"MY MOTHER'S wonderful corn dressing recipe goes so well with pork chops, making them especially moist and tender. This main dish takes very little time to prepare, and it's a winner every time."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cream-style corn or 1 can cream-style corn and 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 4 slices white bread, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (about 1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- Additional paprika and salt
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, corn, butter, celery, pimiento,
- bread cubes, paprika, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan.
- Arrange pork chops over dressing. Sprinkle with additional paprika
- and salt. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and
- bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot