- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (7 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crushed
- 4 cups corn bread stuffing mix
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in stuffing mix. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Sprinkle pork chops with steak seasoning. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chops on both sides. Place over stuffing. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Cornbread Stuffing in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p106
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Corn Bread Stuffing(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Cornbread Stuffing >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >