Pork Chops with Citrus Glaze
“I first made these for my husband after we were married, and they remain one of his favorite ways to eat pork to this day.” Amy Theis - Huron, South Dakota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 4 orange slices
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in 1 tablespoon butter over
- medium heat. Combine the honey, lemon juice, orange juice, soy sauce
- and pepper; pour over pork.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160°, turning once. Remove pork chops to a serving plate; keep
- warm. Whisk cold butter into cooking juices until melted. Serve with
- pork. Garnish with orange slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons glaze equals 366 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot