Pork Chops with Chipotle Cherry Glaze Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pitted dark sweet cherries, halved
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over pork chops. In a large skillet, cook chops, uncovered, in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the sweet cherries, orange juice, dried cherries, vinegar, chipotle peppers, marmalade and garlic. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over chops; sprinkle with almonds and green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce equals 318 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.