Pork Chops with Chipotle Cherry Glaze Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pitted dark sweet cherries, halved
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the salt, sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over pork chops. In a large skillet, cook chops, uncovered, in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the sweet cherries, orange juice, dried cherries, vinegar, chipotle peppers, marmalade and garlic. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over chops; sprinkle with almonds and green onion. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 318 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Chipotle Cherry Glaze
"I'm a beginner cook and not only was this simple to make for me but it was the best dang pork chop I've made ever! I loved it!"
"I don't eat pork. Has anyone tried this with chicken breast?"
"I am totally opposed to all sugars. I can do the substituting. However, I would love you u to include the sugar grams in each recipe.The chops are great, and the other levels are good. I just would love to know the sugar grams"