Pork Chops with Chimichurri Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. Meanwhile, place the herbs, vinegar, garlic and seasonings in a small food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add water; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 261 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Chimichurri
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.