- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, halved
- 1/3 cup ruby port wine
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- PORK CHOPS:
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small saucepan, saute shallot in oil until tender. Stir in the cherries, wine, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coriander, mustard, salt and pepper; rub over chops. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce
"For better results, put the rub on at least one hour before cooking."
"These pork chops were soooooo good!!!! I loved them and my whole family loved them. The flavors and everything were great, on the chops. The sauce was not good, yuck! Will make it again w/o the sauce."
"Excellent taste, plus quick & easy to prepare."