- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, halved
- 1/3 cup ruby port wine
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- PORK CHOPS:
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small saucepan, saute shallot in oil until tender. Stir in the cherries, wine, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coriander, mustard, salt and pepper; rub over chops. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Cherry Sauce
Sort By :
For better results, put the rub on at least one hour before cooking.
These pork chops were soooooo good!!!! I loved them and my whole family loved them. The flavors and everything were great, on the chops. The sauce was not good, yuck! Will make it again w/o the sauce.
Excellent taste, plus quick & easy to prepare.
More Recipe Collections
- Cherry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >