Pork Chops with Caraway Cabbage
Pork and cabbage naturally bring out the best flavors in each other. Each fall, my family request this hearty skillet supper.David Frame, Waxahachie, Texas
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 4 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil; drain.
- Sprinkle with pepper; remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute onion in butter for 1-2 minutes or until
- tender. Add the cabbage, garlic, vinegar, caraway and salt; cook,
- stirring occasionally, until cabbage wilts. Add chops to the
- skillet. Cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer