Pork Chops with Caraway Cabbage Recipe
- 4 pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil; drain. Sprinkle with pepper; remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute onion in butter for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add the cabbage, garlic, vinegar, caraway and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage wilts. Add chops to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chops with Caraway Cabbage(1)
Sort By :
This dish was extremely delicious, my family loved every bite! I have never cooked with caraway seeds, but I will definitely use them more often. Every time I took a bite was a buttery treat!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >