You won't believe the great flavor in this dish from William Babrick of Washington, Indiana. Tomato and sweet red pepper make it a feast for your eyes and your stomach!
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, add the oil, onion and red pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the cabbage, tomato, broth, pepper, salt and paprika.
- Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Cabbage 'n' Tomato in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p18
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chops with Cabbage 'n' Tomato
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review