- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, add the oil, onion and red pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the cabbage, tomato, broth, pepper, salt and paprika.
- Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Pork Chops with Cabbage 'n' Tomato
"Such a wonderful recipe. I used to make one similar to this one that had dried parsley but ran out of that. So sought this one out . Thank God I had all the ingredients although I added minced garlic and used pace mild salsa and spaghetti sauce. Its what I had on hand, and it came out great.. I paired it with brown rice and a kale salad from 5 dollar dinners on food network. It has shredded carrots, red onions , vinegar and mayo . It complimented the pork perfectly. Highly recommend this meal. The longer you simmer the pork and cabbage the better and softer it comes out."