Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Preheat broiler. Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with pepper; place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add green onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and wine; heat through. Serve chops with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 263 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Sauce
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.