Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with pepper; place on a greased broiler pan. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add green onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and wine; heat through. Serve chops with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Sauce(9)
Sort By :
Husband and I loved the this recipe! Made it exactly as written. Will do this again.
This recipe is easy and is most delicious.
Had taken out some pork chops for dinner for my husband, but he had to leave to work early. He's a plain guy, nothing on. So I ended up making them just for myself, and I wanted something different than plain. Found this recipe, was this ever good and easy. Will make it again.
Deceptively simple to make and delicious. Easy enough for a week night dinner but fancy enough to serve to company. Im adding this recipe to my do again list.
Looked the blue cheese sauce. I'm telling you make mashed potato's with this dish and your loved ones will give you a high 5!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >