Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with pepper; place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add green onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and wine; heat through. Serve chops with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Sauce
Sort By :
I have made this several times. I usually only have regular onion on hand so I use that instead of the green onion. I have also never used the tablespoon of chicken broth, just so i didn't have to open a brand new can for that little bit. It still turns out great! My husband loves it. A recipe we go to again and again.
We thoroughly enjoyed these pork chops. They were easy to make. I made the sauce before cooking the chops and kept it warm. We loved the taste.... Makes an elegant presentation. I agree, the nutmeg was a great addition to the pepper.
Husband and I loved the this recipe! Made it exactly as written. Will do this again.
This recipe is easy and is most delicious.
Had taken out some pork chops for dinner for my husband, but he had to leave to work early. He's a plain guy, nothing on. So I ended up making them just for myself, and I wanted something different than plain. Found this recipe, was this ever good and easy. Will make it again.