Pork Chops with Blackberry Sauce Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon A.1. steak sauce
- 1. Broil chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the spreadable fruit, ketchup, garlic and mustard. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and steak sauce until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 261 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.