- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon A.1. steak sauce
- Broil chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the spreadable fruit, ketchup, garlic and mustard. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and steak sauce until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Blackberry Sauce
"I didn't have blackberry jam but I did have leftover jellied cranberry sauce so I used that with a little added honey over the pork chops. My toddlers ate it all which is always the hardest earned seal of approval!"
"My stars are for the blackberry sauce. I did not make the chops....I made a pork tenderloin in the crockpot. This sauce is delicious! Will be a staple in the family now."
"I baked the boneless pork chops covered in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes as they were thick. I then poured the sauce over them. It was very good."
"My family loved this recipe. I even used the sugar free blackberry spreadable fruit and worked great!"
"This sauce is so good I may not make pork chops again without making blackberry sauce. It adds a little exta special flavor to the chops. I think it would taste really good on ribs too!! It's also a very quick item to make."