Pork Chops with Baked Beans
In Shoreview, Minnesota, Kris Wenner makes this hearty meal-in-one. She places tender pork chops on a bed of baked beans, then tops them with lemon and onion slices before baking. Use extra baked beans from the previous recipe or try the canned variety for anytime convenience.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 cups Stovetop Baked Beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 slices
- 1 medium lemon, cut into 8 slices
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the beans and tomato
- sauce. In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; place
- over the beans. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, ketchup and
- mustard; pour over chops. Top each with an onion and lemon slice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until meat juices
- run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.