In Shoreview, Minnesota, Kris Wenner makes this hearty meal-in-one. She places tender pork chops on a bed of baked beans, then tops them with lemon and onion slices before baking. Use extra baked beans from the previous recipe or try the canned variety for anytime convenience.
Featured In: 14 Sheet Pan Supper Recipes
- 3 cups Stovetop Baked Beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 slices
- 1 medium lemon, cut into 8 slices
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the beans and tomato sauce. In a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil; place over the beans. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, ketchup and mustard; pour over chops. Top each with an onion and lemon slice. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Baked Beans in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p17
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review