Pork Chops with Apricot Rice Recipe
I came up with this recipe to use some of my favorite ingredients in a quick-to-fix entree. I love the combination of apricots, golden raisins and celery with the crunch of almonds. I've gotten raves with this distinctive pork chop dish. -Fayne Lutz, Taos, New Mexico
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, undrained
- 6 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a blender or food processor, puree the apricots until smooth; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute celery until tender. Add rice, water, raisins, ginger, salt, pepper and apricot puree; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds.
- Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place the chops on top. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the pork is no longer pink and the rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chops with Apricot Rice in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pork Chops with Apricot Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >